Abu Dhabi, UAE
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Irrigation Inspector to join our team! In this role you will get to involve in monitoring, inspection, coordination, witnessing, documentation of all Irrigation works of the project to ensure that the project is constructed in compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Conducts inspections to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications.
- Coordinates work of subconsultants for surveying and material testing
- Maintains office files related to the project, quantity calculations and writes daily diaries.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc., and sign at the end of each day.
- Verifies that only approved materials are incorporated in the work
- Reports on installed quantities to verify applications for payment and change order work
- Recognizes potential conflicts, issues and problems, and reports to supervisor with proposed solution
- Collects, reviews and files Certificate of Compliance, MSDS, inspection tags and other information relevant to the materials used.
- May provide technical guidance to lower-level inspectors
- Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports
- Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures
- Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as- built plans
- Report and document any accident that occurs on site and notify the Assistant Resident Engineer immediately
- Interface with the public, especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work, to mitigate the construction impacts
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate .
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or construction-related field, or equivalent construction-related work experience,Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction and supervision landscape and irrigation projects
- Experience in the construction of infrastructure and landscaping projects at domestic and/or foreign locations is preferred in Abu Dhabi
- Must be able to read and interpret plans and specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction-related processes related to the area of assignment
- Knowledge of English grammar and composition, the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; to follow oral and written instructions, prepare written messages and simple charts and graphs.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Proficiency with basic computer usage, Microsoft Office, Project Management Software and internet search engines (like Google or equivalent).
- Ability to comply with multitude of requirements as applicable to the project based on client and industry standards
- Must be able to recognize hazardous work conditions and take action if necessary
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Not Applicable/None
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.