Location: Jiddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Job Title: Farm Manager
Our client is a global leader in providing management services for innovative and sustainable farms.
Job Location: Jeddah, KSA
Degree Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree: a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agronomy, horticulture, or a related field. This educational background provides a solid foundation in agricultural principles and practices. • Advanced Degree (Optional): a master’s degree in agricultural management, business administration, or a related field. • Years of Experience: 5 or more years of experience in farm management, including supervisory and leadership roles. They are responsible for overall farm operations, budgeting, and decision-making. Farm Manager Requirements: • Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills. • The ability to make decisions in stressful environments. • Superb communication and interpersonal skills. • Willingness to work overtime as required
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Crop Management: – Plan, coordinate, and manage the cultivation of crops and/or the care of livestock. – Monitor and optimize crop growth, ensuring healthy and productive plants.
2. Farm Operations Management: – Oversee the daily operations of the farm, including planting, irrigation, and harvesting. – Manage equipment maintenance, repairs, and procurement as needed. – Implement efficient and sustainable farming practices. – Ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations.
3. Budgeting and Financial Management: – Develop and manage budgets for farm operations. – Monitor expenses, track financial performance, and seek cost-saving opportunities. – Prepare financial reports and forecasts.
4. Personnel Management: – Recruit, train, and supervise farm workers and laborers. – Schedule work assignments and ensure that tasks are completed efficiently. – Foster a positive and productive work environment.
5. Crop Planning and Rotation: – Develop crop rotation plans to maintain soil fertility and reduce pest pressure. – Select suitable crop varieties and plan planting schedules. – Monitor soil health and implement necessary amendments.
6. Pest and Disease Management: – Implement integrated pest management (IPM) strategies to control pests and diseases. – Identify and address disease outbreaks or pest infestations promptly.
7. Record-Keeping: – Maintain accurate records of crop yields and farm expenses. – Keep records of planting and harvesting dates, irrigation schedules, and other critical data.
8. Market Research and Sales: – Research market conditions and pricing trends for farm products. – Develop marketing strategies and establish relationships with buyers. – Coordinate the sale and distribution of farm produce.
9. Environmental Stewardship: – Implement sustainable farming practices to minimize environmental impact. – Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and conservation programs.
10. Emergency Response: – Prepare and implement emergency response plans for natural disasters or unforeseen events. – Safeguard crops during adverse weather conditions.
11. Continuous Improvement: – Stay updated on industry trends, new technologies, and best practices. – Identify opportunities for farm improvement and efficiency.
12. Communication: – Collaborate and communicate effectively with farm owners, stakeholders, and agricultural experts.
Join Our Community of Hydroponics & Modern Agriculture Technology Practitioners WhatsApp Group
Join Our Community of Hydroponics & Modern Agriculture Technology Practitioners Telegram Channel
Note :We are only sharing the opportunities; we are not liable for any additional clarification.