VP, Growing Operations
Location: Leamington, ON, CA
VP, Growing Operations
Nature Fresh Farms is a Leamington-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON and Delta, OH as well as Laredo, TX. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team is expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
At Nature Fresh Farms we believe that “this is how it’s always been” won’t get us to where we need to go; because in a fragile, changing world, there’s more at stake and more we must do.
A family owned and operated company, Nature Fresh Farms is one of the largest vertically integrated leaders in greenhouse grown produce in North America, meaning we build our own greenhouses, grow our own produce and market produce for our partner growers.
We understand that we play a pivotal role in how people nourish themselves, which is why we are committed to advancing greenhouse innovation and sustainable food security to provide healthy, quality, environmentally friendly produce.
An important incumbent to the Executive Management team the Vice President of Growing Operations will be responsible for the oversight and management of Nature Fresh Farms Growing Operations across our facilities in Canada and USA; providing strategic guidance and direction to optimize crop yield, quality, and flavor, while also identifying opportunities for sustainable, profitable, organizational expansion.
Join a team that is Growing for a Kinder Future, using innovation and engagement to inspire growth amongst our people, our plants, and our business.
Nature Fresh Farms is seeking a strong leader with a background in greenhouse growing, who thrives in an environment which encourages growth and results, to join our Executive Management team.
As the Vice President of Growing Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight and management of Nature Fresh Farms Growing Operations and Growing team across our facilities in Canada and USA, providing strategic advice and direction to optimize crop yield, quality, and flavor.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As part of the Executive Management Team, the Vice President, Growing Operations will:
- Develop business strategy and ensure alignment with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Manage relationships with internal/external partners to build and enhance business opportunities.
- Control departmental budgets and conduct regular financial reviews/analysis to ensure adherence to projected budgets and identifying areas of potential cost savings and/or overspend.
- Oversee departmental needs including but not limited to:
- Management of personnel and their respective professional development, career advancement and succession planning.
- Crop selection & production schedules.
- Operational review to identify areas of success and required development.
- Facilitation, implementation and adherence to policies and procedures to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Advancement of growing techniques.
- Must comply with all Health and Safety, Food Safety, Bio Security, and Nature Fresh Policies and Procedures.
- These duties highlight the main components but is not inclusive of other activities that may be required.
- Demonstrated leadership presence and maturity.
- High degree of analytical thinking and strategic vision leading.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic setting.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and negotiating skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Experience & Qualification Requirements
- 15 + years in senior leadership roles.
- 10 + years of growing experience
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally as needed.
Competitive Compensation and Benefit Packages
Salary: based on experience
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume to email@example.com . We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join Our Community of Hydroponics & Modern Agriculture Technology Practitioners WhatsApp Group
Join Our Community of Hydroponics & Modern Agriculture Technology Practitioners Telegram Channel
Note :We are only sharing the opportunities; we are not liable for any additional clarification.