About the job
An experienced, ambitious, and proactive individual, with an in-depth understanding of global Agricultural Markets (particularly European, Middle Eastern and Asian Agricultural markets) and preferably relevant experience marketing OTC derivatives across MENA region. This person will be assisting the OTC Agricultural business from the UAE office. A mid-level position requiring the individual to work autonomously, as well part of a team whilst building out the MENA OTC Agricultural client base. Very strong interpersonal / communication skills, an entrepreneurial mindset and commercial ability will be required to maintain good relationships within the team, as well as internal stakeholders, clients and counterparties in order to continue growing the business
They have a unique access across markets with significant share globally both on and off exchange. The depth of knowledge amongst its teams and divisions provides its customers with clear advantage, and its technology-led service provides access to all major exchanges, order-flow management via screen, voice and DMA, plus award-winning data, insights and analytics.
They specifically helps corporates to hedge their risk to volatility of commodity and currency prices through tailor-made bespoke OTC (bi-lateral) hedging solutions.
- Ensure high-quality sales coverage across the MENA region for OTC commodaties clients, dealing in OTC (bi-laterally traded) commodity products, in particular Agricultural derivatives.
- Create value and increase revenues from existing client base whilst assisting the EMEA team to grow and develop its MENA client base profitably by directly engaging with clients and managing relationships.
- Work closely with Trading, and other divisions of the firm (e.g Clearing, CSC Commodities, Listed Agricultural Brokers) in driving synergies and potential new business opportunities.
- Liaise with Internal Stakeholders across the business (Credit / Compliance / Legal / Onboarding / Ops / Trading / Risk) to ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures with regards to day-to-day business activity and client communication.
- The individual will be expected to generate and build significant revenue streams for the Hedging Solutions business from a client base which typically includes corporates, banks, trading houses, and some institutional clients.
- This role requires the individual to support team members with coverage of existing clients, onboarding of new clients, and be actively involved in business development workflows such as the setting up new products.
- The individual would be required to have active input into the overall MENA OTC Agricultural sales strategy, seeking ways to increase team P&L and find opportunities to synergise with other areas of the Hedging Solutions business such as the Energy, Dairy, Metals and FX teams to identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with amongst the team.
- Operate as a role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to your team, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required.
- To escalate risk events immediately.
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Skills and Experience:
- In-depth understanding of global commodity markets (particularly European, Middle Eastern and Asian Agricultural markets) and preferably relevant experience marketing OTC derivatives across MENA region.
- Excellent knowledge of financial derivatives and how these can be used/structured to help clients to manage their underlying commodity price risks is required.
- Strong analytical skills and proven track record of sound decision making / judgement is required.
- Experience of building out infrastructural support required to efficiently grow and support a Commodity derivative sales business is strongly preferred.
- Experience negotiating ISDA/CSA frameworks or Terms of Business agreements with counterparties and driving Credit requests is strongly preferred.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with OTC derivatives business i required,
- Experience working as a DFSA Authorised Individual would be preferred
- Language skills: Excellent English language skills required, Arabic and/or French language proficiency would be desirable.