At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
Reports to the Project Lead on site. Oversees reviews & manages and monitors implementation of the construction documents on site. Responsible to manage teams of discipline Inspectors on site. Supports the Project Lead technically and liaises with the design office, contractor and client counterparts to ensure that the construction is carried out in accordance with plans and specifications.
The role requires review and approval of contractor’s documentation for all project phases associated with landscaping (hard & soft) and signage.
The role also entails soliciting and understanding the Client brief and delivering solutions for the complex projects.
- Understands applicable codes, standards and project contract documents and monitors construction activities to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Interprets or clarifies technical aspects of contract documents
- Maintains and prepares a variety of records, including daily/weekly progress reports, or as directed by Team Lead
- Ensuring that responses to contractors’ submittals are complete and in compliance with the contract documents. Where problems are found, work with Team Lead to resolve.
- Audit inspections for conformity to contract documents and contractor submitted plans.
- Assist the Project Lead to identify, respond to or evaluate technical issues to maintain the schedule.
- Highlights any non-conformity to construction/ engineering related issues on site through issuance of NCRs
- Attends progress review meetings and co-ordination meetings to assist the Project Lead and other disciplines Engineers in resolving any site issues such as discrepancies in project’s drawings.
- Participates in the coordination and monitoring of snagging and project handover.
- Provide support to Project Lead to ensure projects run smoothly by providing expert knowledge and advice.
- Liaises with the Design team on modifications if required.
- Gives daily site reports and highlights issues that arise on site to the Project Lead.
- Coordinates with the other disciplines engineers and team members.
- Monitor Health and Safety of the construction works and report on violations
- Be able to present the samples selections to the client and record the approval formally.
- Be able to meet the Client’s expectations and deadline even if they were provided in short notices
Specific Skills Required
- Site experience in basic design requirements, estimation, installation and all site activities related to all Landscape works for construction of variety projects.
- Familiar with all the Landscape Engineering methodologies as well as the corresponding equipment, materials, consumables, tools related to Landscape works projects.
- Well versed in interpreting and executing Landscape related drawings.
- Have the knowledge of the related authorities’ requirements
- Computer literate – proficient in programs such as AutoCAD, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the relevant discipline design software.
- Various Landscape projects experience required with strong background in start-up, execution and handover of major projects.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrable experience in all aspects of supervision and project administration of the Landscape UAE & within Middle East in the consulting industry
- Relevant degree qualification
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: B&P – Buildings & Places
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: ME and Africa
Career Area: Construction
Work Location Model: On-Site