Regional Agronomist – UP
Gurugram, HR, IN
Job Function: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Permanent
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world and protect the planet, and our mission is to do this in a responsible and sustainable way. Yara delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Their fertilizers and crop nutrition programs help produce the food required for the growing world population. Yara’s industrial products and solutions reduce emissions, improve air quality and support safe and efficient operations.
Founded in Norway in 1905, Yara has a worldwide presence with production and sales and services operations across countries i.e. America, Europe, Africa and Asia, with more than 16,000 employees, sales to 160 countries and sales revenue of more than 14 billion USD. Safety is always the top-most priority.
Yara Fertilisers India Pvt Ltd is a 100% subsidiary of Yara International ASA. Yara has supplied fertilisers as well as fertilizer raw materials to the Indian market for over two decades. Yara India has continuously strengthened its footprint in Western and Southern India by providing Crop nutrition solutions with combination of Premium products and Knowledge through unique Farmer centric approach.
Yara’s philosophy is to connect with thousands of farmers at the grass root level and has a strong commitment to serving the agriculture sector in India, thereby improving the livelihood of Indian farmer. To leverage on this and to expand into the northern & eastern geographies of India, Yara acquired Tata Chemicals’ 1.2 MN MT Urea plant in UP, Northern India. With this acquisition Yara India’s scale of operation has grown significantly.
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience.
- To promote and develop Employer’s Yara crop nutrition business in the Area/Region.
- Planning and implementation of demand creation activity in coordination with the sales and marketing team
- Demos data collection, interpretation, and final reporting.
- Planning and organizing of effective crop shows to promote Yara’s product portfolio.
- Driving the Yara crop nutrition program (Crop Plan concept) in the area
- Need base planning, organizing, and addressing of farmers’ meeting and crop seminars
- Assessment of requirement of Field assistants as per business potential and their day to monitoring and reporting
- Planning and conducting of training program for the sales team and field agronomist before the start of the season to update their knowledge and organize and train them for required market action plan.
- To work out best value chain partners of the area/crop in the region and to develop good coordination with them to promote Yara business
- Postgraduate / Doctorate in Agronomy, Soil Science, Horticulture in Agriculture Domains
As a global organization, we actively strive to reflect diversity in society. We, therefore, encourage all qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.
Note :AWARC are only sharing the opportunities; we are not liable for any additional clarification.