Urgent Opening for Agronomist. ( Coconut Farming )
To manage the development of a large scale coconut farm, implementing best practices in various stages of growth from nursery to planting to maintenance of farm. This involves direction of on-site operations and of staff/farm hands. Additionally, good knowledge of nutrition is needed and transfer of skills to other plantation crops such as rice and sugar and cash crops would be a great asset.
Agronomists ensure that new developments in crop varieties, disease and pest control, crop rotation, and tillage systems are implemented in farming. They spend time going through crop data, conducting experiments, and working with farmers to determine the best method of improving crop production.
*Management of the progression of farm development with the view to build capacity of other employees.
* To guide farm workers on the best practices. Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems for clients.
* Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
* Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
* Testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
* Assisting with the plant sourcing, testing, and selection.
* Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
* Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
* Developing planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
Masters in Agronomy & Certificates or professional qualifications relating to coconuts.
Must be highly qualified with working in Coconut farm with some experience in Rice research and Fertilizer/ formulation
Age – Max 45
Good Communication skills
10+ years Hands on Experience. In Coconut Faming minimum 4+ yrs.