Agronomist Job at Costa
About the Job Responsible for providing specialist glasshouse agronomic services to growing teams and undertaking projects and experiments to achieve increased yields, reductions in input costs and increased operational precision. It critical focus areas for Agronomist include integrated pest and disease management; water resource management, irrigation and nutrition; management of glasshouse climate and crop management practices.
Skills/Qualifications and Experience Required for Role
• Minimum relevant bachelor’s degree including Horticulture, Agronomy.
• A proven track record in providing outstanding agronomic services, driving improvements in crop performance, ideally with at protected cropping environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of glasshouse plant equipment and infrastructure including water treatment and irrigation and heating systems.
• Analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information to make sound recommendations for remedial actions and improvement strategies.
• Demonstrated thorough knowledge and understanding of tomato crop: o nutrition requirements relevant to all stages of crop cycle, o pest and disease management and o growing strategies.
• Experience/exposure in effectively utilising Priva and NITEA systems (or similar).
• Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to work effectively with others to ensure team success, including contributing the success of broader Guyra growing team and business.
• Be outcome focused with at track record of achieving performance, quality and safety targets.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated resilience, positivity and perseverance.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities under pressure.
• Strong IT skills.
• Outstanding commitment to WHS, quality, hygiene and food safety.
• Understanding/training in crop registration.
• Ability to work effectively and respectfully in multicultural and multilingual working environment.
Salary: $56,400-59,700 p.a. plus super.
Closing Date: 12 May 2023
About Costa We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and mark of premium quality fresh fruits and vegetables. Our produce is supplied to major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and at range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe. About to Tomato Category Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located that Guyra, in beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW.
To accommodate our continued business growth, at $67 million expansion project have completed, increasing production area by 33% and creating additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project brings onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff. Our state-of-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and us apart in fruit and vegetable industry.
Note: AWARC are only sharing the opportunities; are not liable for any additional clarification.