Assistant Lawn Keeper
About the job
To assist the Lawn Keeper in maintaining the Lawn Club and provide a unique and memorable experience for guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out the care and maintenance of all the grass areas on the Lawn Club.
- Assist with the ongoing improvement of the Lawn Club turf system on Solstice and her sister ships.
- Use and maintain equipment safely and correctly in accordance with training and the Safety Policy.
- Contribute pro-actively to Health and Safety at site e.g. immediately reporting all safety issues and concerns; complying with ‘best practice’ as defined by Celebrity Cruises.
- Assists the Lawn Keeper in ensuring all relevant records are noted and maintained (machinery pre-checks, maintenance activities, guest activities, etc.).
- Work with and train the replacement Assistant Lawn Keeper.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned by the Lawn Keeper.
- Celebrity Cruises expects each shipboard employee to consistently exemplify the principles of the STAR Program’s Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, Environmental, and Safety policies.
- Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
- It is every employee’s responsibility to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
- Provides personalized assistance to guests by following Celebrity’s standards of service and style.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Company policy, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Attends mandatory crewmember and guest safety drills as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Competently operate grass cutting machinery and other grass maintenance equipment
- Carry out basic servicing of machinery
- Work equally well in a team and individual basis
- Hard working, flexible and mature attitude
- College degree in Agriculture with strong concentration in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, Plant/Turf Management and Horticulture preferred, but not required
- Previous experience in Greenskeeping/Turf Management desired
- Golf Management experience or education desired
- Intercultural Communications or Multicultural awareness
- Computer Applications experience in Agronomy is highly recommended.
Note :We are only sharing the opportunities; we are not liable for any additional clarification.