Associate Plant Scientist
About the job
AeroFarms is looking to hire a talented Associate Plant Scientist, as part of our Research & Development (R&D) Team in Newark NJ.
The world needs our help. Today 8 billion people live on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come.AeroFarms is part of that solution, transforming agriculture with people and planet in mind. As aNow in overReports to:Snr Manager R&DAbout this Role:AeroFarms is looking for a talented Associate Plant Scientist to contribute to research projects involving indoor growth of microgreens and baby leafy greens. In this role, you will join an experienced team of scientists and will work cross- functionally to ensure success of long-range goals and strategies. The successful candidate will have education in plant biology or a related field with experience growing plants in controlled environments for research purposes.The ideal candidate will be passionate about horticulture and will share our values around the highest experimental rigor in a new research area. They will be an agile, energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high standards and good judgment. In addition, our organization values individuals who can lead by example and keep focus in a team-centered environment.Core Responsibilities:Design and conduct experiments to improve growing systems and to characterize plant responses to environmental stressors in controlled environments. Including any necessary coordination and logistics for experiment success. Serves as a subject matter expert to project tactical teams to develop future generations of growing equipment.
- Reports findings internally in a collaborative environment.
- Manages and maintains analytical equipment and growing systems.
- Remains up-to-date on developments and interests in the indoor ag market, and participates in farm capability development.
- 20% travel should be expected
Core Requirements & Skills
- A passion for plants
- Experience working in horticulture, plant science or agronomy research
- BS in Horticulture, Plant Sciences, Plant Physiology or a closely related discipline, or a combination of education and experience
Bonus Requirements & Skills
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience with operating controlled environment agriculture systems
- Experience with characterization of plants, including imaging, phenotyping, chemical analysis, and/or objective measurements of taste and texture
- A MS degree
Summary Of Benefits Base salary, annual company/performance bonus, eligible for equity, matching 401k with no vesting period, vacation/sick time/PTO, group health plan including medical, dental, vision, etc.
- Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
Note :We are only sharing the opportunities; we are not liable for any additional clarification.