Hiring Agriculture Food Safety Consultant
The Consultant works closely with grower’s personnel to prepare necessary documentation, procedures and quality systems that ensure compliance with Global G.A.P. food safety processes and supplier requirements. In the process, the Consultant will help growers in streamlining existing procedures to conform to Global G.A.P. standard requirements and help growers develop required new ones. The Consultant will help growers to quickly overcome any certifying audit discrepancies and work with growers to ensure preparedness for subsequent audits.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Survey current and potential growers (Ranch Site Risk Assessment).
• Conduct Mock Recalls to ensure all systems should an actual recall occur.
• Conduct costs assessments based on production.
• Conduct or assign trainings required by Global G.A.P. including but not limited to Hygiene training and first aid.
• Supply grower with all current and required documents.
• Conduct residue test based off their country of export.
• Conduct chemical, physical, and microbiological water analysis. Work with appropriate GAR Bennett staff to gather data.
• Set up initial meetings with growers to establish the scope of the audit. (Option 1 PSS Produce Handling)
• Act as the liaison between Grower and Certifying Body.
• Manage, track and organize all data related to Global G.A.P.
• Conduct first aid training sessions either on a one-on-one basis or in a group setting.
• Pre-audit as a certified internal audit to conduct pre-audit as a check list requirement.
• Evaluate audits to establish compliance with certification requirements.
• Conduct Harvest assessments along with pre-audits for the Farm Labor Contractors (FLC).
• Conduct Certificate of Analysis (COA). Residue Water Soil and Tissue.
• Analyze Grower Agrian use reports for compliance verification.
• Audit grower record keeping ensuring compliance with announced and surveillance Good Agricultural Practices audits.
• Assist Growers to ensure that their food safety program is ready for re-certification audits, help pass unannounced audits and avoid costly product recalls. Assist with Corrective Action Reports and bring grower compliant to report demands.
• Develop new programs that will Enhance the Global G.A.P. program.
• Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting growers and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategies surrounding them.
• Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
• GFSI Certification Global G.A.P.
• FSMA Train the Trainer Certified.
• Global GAP Version 5.0-2 Certified
• HACCP Certified
Note :We are only sharing the opportunities; we are not liable for any additional clarification.