Agriculture and Food Science Instructor for a Technical School in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain – UAE
A new technical school in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain is seeking an Agriculture and Food Science Instructor for AY 2023-2024. The organization is focused on developing well-qualified and professionally skilled 16–18-year-old youths by providing the educational training and skills necessary for a successful career in today’s world.
Duties include providing globally renowned and modern instruction, maintaining a safe and orderly learning environment, and securing positive business and industry relationships. Successful candidates shall join a learning organization that values collaboration and teamwork, encourages ethical behavior, facilitates life-long learning, and utilizes new technologies.
- Responsible for planning, managing, and improving the learning of students, working with other team members.
- In collaboration with the team to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning, and assessment strategies.
- To manage the learning of the students and collaborate with other teachers.
- To manage all facilities and activities related to achieving student learning.
- To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
- To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in the relevant area OR Skilled worker (craft or industry) in the relevant area.
- Fluent business English skills.
- Excellent oral and written English essential.
- IELTS 7 Academic for non-first language English speakers only – mandatory.
- Arabic Language skills are an advantage.
- Master Craftsman Diploma or University degree (Master’s/ Diploma) in educational pedagogics, specialization agriculture, OR equivalent.
- Many years of professional experience in TVET and/or related areas (cooperative higher education) and at least 5 years of practical teaching experience in the occupational sector.
- Familiarity with:
- methods of dry farming,
- vertical farming (hydroponics),
- livestock farming,
- food processing, also in the light of organic farming.
- Working experience in the region is an asset.
- Commitment and working experience in diverse and interdisciplinary teams is an asset.
- Analytical thinking and acting and the ability to grasp new concepts rapidly and prioritize key topics.
- Dedicated, reliable team player with good intercultural skills and a sound awareness of gender issues.
- Business fluent English skills; knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Work experience in GCC region or similar location.
- Competitive tax-free basic salary.
- Housing allowance.
- Annual airfare.
- Visa and medical insurance.
- End of service bonus.
Note :We are only sharing the opportunities; we are not liable for any additional clarification.