About the job
Ready to put your inspection skills to work with departments and teams that change the fabric of our community? Do you have a great attention to detail? Put your inspection expertise to work on complex projects. Parsons is now hiring an Irrigation Inspector for our rapidly expanding team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Inspect site conditions to ensure suitability for the designed landscape works.
- Inspects various facets of work on the jobsite and performs continuous surveillance of assigned inspection activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Inspect construction, including temporary works to ensure compliance with approved methods and contract requirements.
- Give practical advise on constructional matters.
- Experience in identifying non-conforming works, generating reports and corrective actions and coordinating responses.
- Documentation of non-conformance and may participate in determining appropriate resolution.
- Solid experience in maintaining relevant engineering records and generating activity reports, progress reports.
- Capability to perform math calculation in order to prepare engineering calculations, graphs and charts.
- Maintain records of inspections, work executed, etc.
- Assist in preparation of “as-built” drawings.
- Assist with inspection of completed works, prepare snag lists and handover to operating authority.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Observe site safety procedures.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in a technical, engineering discipline or construction related field, or a high school diploma and equivalent work experience, is required.
- 5+ years of related experience and technical qualification in construction and supervision of Irrigation work, Landscaping works & Infrastructure works.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Proficiency with basic computer usage, Microsoft Office, Project Management Software.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Recent experience in Irrigation works in the Emirate of Dubai will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of CAD Software is desirable.
Minimum Clearance Required To Start