Senior Consultant Job
About the job
Senior Consultant, Agri, Food and Nutrition
About the team/Practice Area
The food industry is extremely diverse with Frost & Sullivan supporting companies operating across the supply chain, from production, processing, packaging and to end consumption. With ever changing consumer preferences, rapid growth of health and wellness focus, and innovations in business models and channels, food companies are constantly looking to stay ahead of the competition curve. Frost & Sullivan’s Agri, Food & Nutrition Advisory practice supports this process through opportunity evaluation for new product opportunities, competitor, channel and consumer strategies, and developing business models and plans for investment targets. We also advise public and semi-public entities towards food security initiatives and localization strategies.
The Candidate will possess knowledge of agri, food, beverage, FMCG strategy, markets, segments, channels and consumer behavior and preferences. The Candidate will lead Client engagement towards fulfilment of strategic consulting and advisory projects with leading F&B/FMCG companies in the MENA region.
The ideal candidate will, therefore, possess excellent project leadership, people management, and client handling skills. He/she will also have superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
About the Role
Frost & Sullivan offers a range of solutions to our customers, encompassing: Market assessment/research, business & go-to-market strategy, consumer research, brand assessment, competitor and customer strategy, due diligence, IPO, new product development / launch, techno-economic feasibility studies and improvement, transformation and change management programs.
Frost & Sullivan is seeking candidates with skills and experience across these solutions, with specific interest in candidates who have applied these skills in business consulting, advisory or research for one or more segments; Agriculture, Food and Feed ingredients and additives, Processed food etc.
- Serving as the Engagement leader for simultaneous engagements to ensure high levels of quality, client satisfaction, and employee satisfaction. Becoming personally involved in engagements where necessary to mitigate risk.
- Developing expertise at establishing new executive-level relationships with key stakeholders at new prospective clients
- Deep involvement with the project team on all aspects of the assignment
- Research and monitor selected areas in the F&B/FMCG industry, with the goal of leveraging expertise in this market into growth consulting
- Develop relationships and conduct interviews with industry experts, executives, and end-users for the purpose of gathering primary data and producing written market analyses and competitive intelligence
- Contribute to and manage growth consulting projects, delivering quality insights within the scope, objectives, timeline, and budget for assigned projects
- Contribute insights in the development of growth consulting proposals, with regards to methodology, achievable objectives, budget requirements, etc.
- Establish a presence as an influential and knowledgeable expert in F&B/FMCG sectors
- Ability to understand and shape clients’ needs based on his/her broad understanding of the F&B/FMCG marketplace, Frost & Sullivan offerings and defined client needs.
We’re looking for candidates who –
- Should possess relevant experience of 7+ years.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional work experience in F&B/FMCG, manufacturing, marketing and sales, consulting, or related field is required.
- Strong expertise and understanding of the F&B/FMCG industry and major trends in the GCC/Middle East geographies in which client projects are delivered.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with senior level management teams.
- Demonstrated capability to facilitate effective, cross functional, client meetings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of energy, commitment, and passion for F&B/FMCG/Retail.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) is required.
- Fluent in Arabic (written and verbal) is preferred.
- Open to travel within the GCC and rest of Middle East for work.
- Take ownership to work independently with remote supervision
- Is a strategic thinker; understands how operational activities are vital in supporting the overall strategy of the business
What will make you succeed at Frost & Sullivan?..
You need to be-
- Wildly curious and entrepreneurial
- Committed to customer success
- A self-starter invested in your future
- A persuasive communicator
- Deeply Analytical
- Excited about Disruptive Trends
- A friendly work environment with an ‘open door’ policy
- A strong career path with growth opportunities.
- Be part of a global team that strives for excellence, and fosters an Olympic spirit
- Feed your intellectual curiosity by collaborating across all levels of the company across the globe
- Global Recognition – President’s Club & Chairman’s Club Awards
- Continuous learning and coaching
- Attractive Medical and Accident insurance