About the job (Agronomist)
Meod, a leading sustainable and innovative agriculture company, is looking for a talented Greenhouse Agronomist to join our team. As a Greenhouse Agronomist at Meod, you will play a critical role in developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques to produce high-quality, sustainable, and nutritious vegetables in our newly constructed 6-hectares CEA Greenhouse facility in Singapore. If you’re a team leader who possesses exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity at Meod.
What will you do:
As a Greenhouse Agronomist, you will be responsible for:
- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques and improving crop yield and quality.
- Assisting with the plant sourcing, testing, and selection
- Maintaining and keeping detailed records of fields, crops, fertilizer, seeds, and input inventory levels
- Managing a team of farm supervisors from seeding to harvest
- Developing planting and irrigation schedules and programs
- Inspecting and maintaining the area of responsibility, making sure that all necessary equipment is in order and always functioning
- Ensuring that the equipment for growing purposes is in proper working conditions. Record and report inputs like water, and fertilisers, on all crops for all stages from the beginning to the end of the crop cycle.
- Monitoring and adjusting computer control systems based on software, this includes water EC and pH measurement, crop checking and analysis, IPM, and foliar – ensuring the best inputs and environment for the best crop quality.
- Managing strong integrated Pest Management
Who you are:
The ideal candidate shall:
- Possess exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities
- Have a keen attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- Have experience mentoring and coaching a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Have strong management skills that allow them to influence and engage both direct and indirect reports and peers
- Be willing and able to lead by example and take on unrelated or unassigned tasks as necessary for the effective operation of the greenhouse
- Possess problem-solving skills to identify areas of inefficiencies and suggest potential solutions
- Have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Be highly motivated, reliable, and possess a creative flair and lively personality
- Have a passionate commitment to the company vision and an appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and food
The ideal candidate should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Science, Crop Science, Agronomy or any other directly related field
- 2-5 years of working experience as a Field/Greenhouse Agronomist
- Strong research, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Good experience with greenhouse farming and planting of lettuce, Asian greens, and other vegetables
- Good knowledge of Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) in a greenhouse
About the company:
At Meod, our mission is to bring freshness to the masses and inspire healthier living through sustainable urban farming. From soil to soul, we nourish our community with safe, locally-grown produce – one leafy bite at a time. We are committed to producing safer, fresher, and more sustainable meals for families every day and ensuring that our nation’s food security is protected. Our innovative technologies and good agriculture practices allow us to produce highly nutritious vegetables without using any harmful pesticides while minimizing our environmental impact. We are currently building the largest 6-hectares CEA Greenhouse facility in Singapore, with the phase 1 (1-ha) Control Environment Semi-close Greenhouse slated to complete this year.
At Meod, we are always looking to grow healthier food for generations. If you meet these qualifications and are looking to join a team committed to producing high-quality and sustainable vegetables, we encourage you to apply for the Greenhouse Agronomist position at Meod.